–On the first day of deer hunting a buck and doe found sanctuary in the city of West Bend. The pair were spotted standing in the grass on the corner of Indiana Avenue and Highway 33 outside the Washington Co. Sheriff’s Department.
–Members of the West Bend Professional Firefighters Union will be distributing coats to students in the West Bend School District on Monday. This is the third year for Operation Warm where firefighters provide coats to needy children. About 200 coats will be donated this year.
– A major remodel is underway in downtown West Bend at the space above The Exclusive Company. Boss Realty owner Tom Zernia has cleaned up the space for a new business location. Zernia also plans on renting out space.
– Rick Takacs at Meadowbrook Farm in West Bend has Christmas trees from the same vendor in Oconto County, Dave and Mary Vander Velden’s Whispering Pines Tree Farm, who is supplying the tree to the White House in Washington D.C.
– The Downtown West Bend Association is making a list and checking it twice as it prepares for the annual Winter on Main on Dec. 9 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. The family-friendly event includes a special tree-lighting ceremony at Old Settler’s Park along with ornament decorating for the kids and a special visit from Santa.
–Max Stowers, 16, a junior at Kewaskum High School is this year’s winner of the Brenda Oelhafen Award which was presented Oct. 15 as Washington County 4-H held its Achievement and Recognition Banquet at the Washington County Fair Park. The Oelhafen family present the award each year in memory of their daughter who was an active member of the Wayne Crusaders 4-H Club and won the Grand Champion Beef Dairy at the County Fair in 1985.
–Santa will land at the West Bend Airport again this year but he’s on an earlier flight. Santa plans to arrive at 8:30 a.m. so he can greet more children and take note of items on their wish list. The event sponsored by EAA Kettle Moraine Chapter 1158.
– Saint Frances Cabrini Parish will be hosting an evening of Advent Taizé Prayer on Tuesday, Nov. 29 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. Taizé is an ecumenical prayer based on the pillars of scriptures, song, intercessions and silence.
– Help is available to families in Washington County that need assistance with winter heating bills. Contact Kay Lucas with the Washington County Human Services Department which oversees the Energy Assistance Program. The number is 262-335-4677.