Truck Outfitters Banner

Candle may be to blame for starting small fire in Town of Barton home


Dec. 26, 2017 – Town of Barton, WI – On Christmas Day at 12:46 p.m. the Washington County Sheriff’s responded to a home fire in the 3200 block of Lighthouse Lane in the Town of Barton. The occupant indicated she was home when she smelled smoke and located a fire on top of a dresser in one of the bedrooms.

The fire apparently originated from a candle which was burning on top of the dresser and ignited other items. The female attempted to put of the fire with a fire extinguisher and then exited the residence.

The deputy arrived and observed a “red hot” electrical cord and other objects smoldering on the dresser.

The deputy used his fire extinguisher to stop the fire from spreading until the West Bend Fire Department arrived on scene.

Fire damage to the residence was isolated to the area of the dresser with some smoke damage to the remainder of the home.


Cast Iron Banner 2019
Cast Iron banner

Add Your Comment

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By :
%d bloggers like this: