March 14, 2019 – Town of Polk, WI – State Highway 144 is in the process of being closed between State Highway 33 and Interstate 41 due to high water.
This is in the Towns of Polk and West Bend.
Numerous stretches of roadways are experiencing high water levels and potentially becoming hazardous in Washington County. Conditions are changing rapidly.
Please avoid the following stretches of roadways if at all possible:
ROADS CLOSED DUE TO HIGH WATER
• State Highway 144 from State Highway 33 to Interstate 41
ROADS OPEN BUT EXPERIENCING HIGH WATER (POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS)
• Interstate 41 southbound off-ramp to State Highway 60
• State Highway 175 from State Highway 60 to County Highway Y (Lannon Road)
• State Highway 167 from State Highway 164 to Friess Lake Road
• County Highway Q from Sherman Road to St. Augustine Road
• County Highway H from State Highway 144 to Indian Lore Road
• County Highway HH from State Highway 28 to County Highway H
Please avoid this area if possible.
The closure will remain in place until flooding subsides. Updates will be provided as conditions change.
The Washington County Highway Department and Wisconsin Department of Transportation appreciate your patience as we strive to restore safe travel on our roadways.