March 27, 2020 – Slinger, WI – It’s my pleasure to endorse Dave Zukowski for Slinger School Board. I served on the Slinger School board for 14 years, and was honored to serve as Board President for eight of those years. I think Dave would make an excellent school board member.
I know Dave because I worked with him for several years at West Bend Mutual Insurance. Dave is intelligent and thoughtful. He has relevant and helpful experience as an IT professional. Technology continues to play an important role in education, especially now with the need for remote learning and teaching. Dave is thoroughly familiar with current and emerging technologies, and he knows how to leverage those technologies in the workplace. This knowledge would be invaluable to the Slinger School District.
As a supervisor at West Bend, Dave has experience and training on budgeting, salary administration, and performance management. The school district has a general fund budget of $34.7 million. Personnel expenses are the largest single expense in the school district, and it’s imperative that we have board members with the necessary skills and experience to appropriately oversee large budgets. Dave has those skills and experience.
It’s important for board members to understand the role of a school board. School boards govern primarily through setting policy and managing district administrators. It’s not the job of a school board, or a school, to promote certain careers or college/technical school options. Our schools should be preparing students for whatever path they choose after graduation. Dave understands that parents and students play the biggest role in deciding which options to pursue after high school, and that schools should enable those choices to the best of their abilities.
I believe Dave Zukowski has the appropriate knowledge, training, experience and philosophy to be an excellent school board member. Our current board obviously agrees, as they recently chose Dave to fill an opening on the board. Join me in supporting Dave Zukowski for the Slinger School Board.
Slinger School Board Member 1998 – 2012
Slinger School Board President 2004 – 2012
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor, or Publisher. The http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed, or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
Please also note:
London : W. Foulsham & Co., 
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE:While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
Washington County Insider will not publish comments that:
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)
The final deadline for Letters to the Editor for the April 7, 2020 election is March 27, 2020.
Click HERE to read more Letters to the Editor at WashingtonCountyInsider.com