Jan. 13, 2017 – Slinger, WI – It’s been a one-two punch for the Slinger School District this week but administrators are handling it with a great deal of professionalism and organization.
District Superintendent Daren Sievers said a clothes dryer in the basement of the high school caught fire this morning. “It’s an industrial-strength dryer and some towels were in there,” he said.
“The phy ed teacher found it along with head of maintenance and the principal and AD chipped in and got fire extinguishers and put the fire out.”
The smoke forced evacuation of the building. Nobody was injured.
Sievers said the Slinger Fire Department has determined that toxin levels are low enough for people to return to the building.
The district is currently reviewing after-school activities and we will update you as soon as word becomes available.