- Supervisor One on One Meetings – Last week hosted eight (8) different one-on-one meetings with County Board Supervisors. The meetings seem to last roughly an hour long and have had the intended impact of getting reacquainted and sharing perspective on where we are, where we’ve been and where we are going! Again, I know there are a couple of Supervisors who still need to sign up. For those of you (you know who you are) please contact Judy Steinert, [email protected] to nail down a date, time and location. Thank you!
- New Supervisor Orientation – Monday hosted a very productive orientation meeting for all newly elected and re-elected County Board Supervisors, providing a refresher and a training for the upcoming festivities at the Tuesday, April 19 County Board Reorganization meeting. I want to take a moment to thank all of those who were able to make the orientation. For those who were not able to attend I would welcome you to contact me to do a run through of the outstanding presentation by Attorney Nass and Clerk Jaszewski! Thank you Kim and Brenda for your time and effort to educate the Board on the new procedures!
- ADRC Ride Along – On Thursday I had the opportunity to do a ride along on a welfare check for a citizen in Hartford. It was an excellent opportunity to see firsthand the difference that our people make each and every day, often times the difference between independent (and cost effective) living and assisted living or even nursing home (expensive) living! Special thanks to Sarah O’Neil and Janel Hetzel for providing me the opportunity for this experience!
- SEWRPC Reliever Route Meeting – On Friday I participated in the first, of what will be several, meetings that SEWRPC is having with those municipalities potentially impacted by the potential STH 60 Truck Reliever Route. This first meeting was with officials from the City of Hartford, including folks like the City Administrator, Chief of Police and Mayor. In the coming days and weeks there are plans, and even scheduled plans in some cases, to have similar meetings in Slinger, Polk, Town of Hartford and Addison. These discussions will help to set a baseline for further investigation and discussion throughout the summer months.
- Susan Haag – On Tuesday afternoon I and a large contingent of individuals from the county, had the opportunity to celebrate the life and citizen service of our dedicated former Finance Director, Susan Haag! After a beautiful service at St. Mary’s here in West Bend, there was an equally beautiful celebration in the church basement where many touching stories were shared about the life and service of Sue. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with Sue’s husband Rodney, and so many people who Sue’s life touched, as we continue to mourn her loss.
· Megan Pritzl – Samaritan Health Center
· Josine Kindler – Samaritan Health Center
· Ramana Talkington – Treasurer’s Office
· Lisa Gregorius, Human Services Department – Resignation
· Joseph Buth, Sheriff’s Department – Resignation
- Accounting Assistant/Administrative Secretary, Activity Aide, CNA, Dietary Aide, Director of Nursing, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN Relief Supervisor – Samaritan
- Mental Health Specialist/Crisis Intervention, Psychiatric Social Worker, Senior Social Worker, Social Worker – Human Services Department
- Project Manager/Deputy Surveyor, – Highway Department
- Administrative Intern – Administration Department
- Summer Employment – Facilities
- Aquatic-Invasive Species Project Intern, Summer Employment – Planning and Parks/ Golf
- Accounting Clerk, Corrections Officer – Sheriff’s Department
- Clerical Pool – Human Resources
- Program Assistant – Clerk of Courts
CONGRATULATIONS to the following employees for their years of service at the County!!
Randy Holtz – Samaritan Health Center
Brian Laubenstein – Sheriff’s Department
Clark Eichstedt – Sheriff’s Department
Brenda Karimi – Human Services Department
Randy Boudry – Sheriff’s Department