Dec. 23, 2018 – West Bend, WI – My husband and I wish you all a heart-felt Merry Christmas. I take this opportunity to write and alert parents and students of the WBSD to offensive, old and outdated materials being taught to every 7th grader in the district. As I pondered the curriculum something dawned on me; it relates to the Christmas season we are currently embracing.
We love Christmas, and we love the historical event that causes us to pause and remember God sending His Son into the world to bear our sins. What love from above!
Matthew 1:23 in the Bible states: Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Yes, God come in the flesh through Mary, a woman. The Biblical Gospel, Luke, records the human ancestry of Jesus going all the way back to Adam, the first created man. Scripture is clear, Jesus was God and man.
So what does this have to do with social studies at Badger Middle School? Everything, if you want your child to embrace the truth found in the Bible and have hope for all eternity. You see, the 7th grade social studies classes at Badger will be teaching as fact the idea of human evolution. Kids will be seeing pictures of “ape-men” that are drawn by artists attempting to depict our animal ancestry. Please, please, check it out for yourself HERE.
These ape-men pictures that are found in the curriculum are simply the artist renditions of someone who believes in human evolution and wants to make it seem feasible to young, vulnerable children. Quotes abound from research scientist doubting that any of the chimp bones found lead to a transition to humans; it’s all conjecture, and one-sided at that.
The link CLICK HERE is one of many showing the fallacy human evolution. It cites real science.
Now, what does this have to do with Christmas? As I read through the curriculum that states the ape-men are our “cousins in the journey to humanity” it dawned on me that if that were true, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was not human at all but merely a descendent of an animal. If that is true then we are dead in our sins and without hope. Read that again and let it sink in.
Once again, government schools are guilty of undermining the faith we as parents are trying to pass to our children. The war against Christianity rages.
I write simply to warn you that this will be taught after the Christmas holiday. Take the time to do some research and at the very least prepare your kids with good, factual information.
The curriculum states, “Seeing yourselves as part of the history of everything can help you and your students understand your place in the Universe.”
Yet, the worldview presented is not the worldview of many, many families in the WBSD. The place of a child of God in the universe is in the cleft of the rock, where He watches us. This is not the worldview presented. Parents, beware and be proactive with your children.
As a side note, I have contacted Mr. Dave Uelman, Badger principal, to discuss the curriculum. At first he was agreeable to meet with me. As it stands at this time he told me he will not discuss the curriculum with me stating it is a Board issue, (though he has asked me to always go to him first with any concern about Badger Middle School). Passing the buck? Then, the school board passes it back, a run-around indeed.
I will keep you posted. Feel free to contact me if you would like information on this topic.
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor, or Publisher. The http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed, or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
London : W. Foulsham & Co., 
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE:
While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
Washington County Insider will not publish comments that:
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)
Graphic courtesy Owego Pennysaver Press