Nov. 1, 2018 – Washington Co., WI – President Trump kept his promise to Wisconsin: wages are up, taxes are down, and jobs are flooding into the state.
And as long as the Republicans retain control of Congress, the President will be able to implement policies like the ones that have spurred the rapid economic growth we’ve seen since he took office just two years ago.
That’s why voters in Wisconsin’s 6th Congressional District need a conservative leader like Representative Glenn Grothman to defend their interests in Washington.
Making America great again is why President Trump won the district by nearly20 points in 2016. Together, President Trump and Congressman Grothman have done just that.
Following President Trump’s historic tax cuts, unemployment in Oshkosh is at an 18-year low, Sheboygan was recently described as “Wisconsin’s emerging economic powerhouse,” and business leaders throughout the state are as optimistic as they’ve ever been about the economy. According to the Job Center of Wisconsin, the state’s unemployment rate “is near lows not seen in a generation.”
Without people like Glenn Grothman supporting President Trump in Congress, such progress would have never happened.
Like the President, Grothman is tough on illegal immigration and opposes sanctuary cities. He voted in favor of the No Sanctuary for Criminals Act, Kate’s Law, sent a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy supporting funding for the border wall, and has introduced legislation that would prohibit non-U.S. citizens from receiving welfare benefits.
Meanwhile, President Trump’s trade policies are reviving our manufacturing industries.
Wisconsin endured a net loss of more than 68,000 manufacturing jobs due to the 1994 NAFTA and World Trade Organization agreements, but the situation has been completely reversed since Donald Trump took office.
Wisconsin added more than15,000 blue-collar jobs last year alone, and blue-collar employment nationwide is growing at the fastest rate since Ronald Reagan was president.
Having a pro-business President and a pro-business representative in Washington is paying dividends for Eastern Wisconsin
President Trump’s tax cuts are saving the average family in the 6th District more than $2,700 per year. Wages are rising across the country, too, and they’re increasing at the fastest rate in nearly a decade. In fact, 90 percent of Americans saw more money in their paychecks in 2018.
President Trump kept his promise to Wisconsin, and our economy is booming as a result. Let’s send a Republican back to Washington to represent Wisconsin’s 6th District so President Trump can keep delivering more jobs and bigger paychecks for Wisconsin’s hard-working men and women.
Rohn Bishop is the Chairman of the Fond du Lac County Republican Party and lives in Waupun, WI with his wife and two daughters.
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor, or Publisher. The http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed, or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
London : W. Foulsham & Co., 
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE:
While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
Washington County Insider will not publish comments that:
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)
Graphic courtesy Owego Pennysaver Press