Washington Co., WI – Need to dispose of hazardous waste material? You no longer need to wait for the ‘two’ one-day Clean Sweep events that have been held in the past. Washington County residents can now utilize the disposal site, W124N9451 Boundary Road, Menomonee Falls throughout the year. The disposal site will be open to Washington County residents on Monday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Holidays. The Planning and Parks Department partnered with Waukesha County in order to provide a greater cost effective program and increased accessibility for the disposal of household hazardous waste.
The Household Hazardous Waste Collection is an opportunity for county residents to properly dispose of hazardous waste from their home. Properly disposing of hazardous waste protects our environment and water resources. Prior to 2019, the Planning and Parks Department had hosted a Full Service Clean Sweep where residents could bring hazardous waste.
“We continually evaluate our programs in order to provide more opportunities for disposing of household hazardous waste.” said, Paul Sebo, County Conservationist.
In order to participant in the Household Hazardous Waste Collection a $20 registration fee is required. Please note when registering for the program the permit expires 21 days from your date of purchase.
The Household Hazardous Waste Collection disposal site is located at:
Veolia Environmental Services, W124N9451 Boundary Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
The disposal site will be open to Washington County residents on Monday and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed Holidays. Residents will need to show proof of payment by printing their receipt. No payments will be accepted at the waste disposal site.
The following materials will NOT be accepted during the Clean Sweeps: latex paint, motor oil, medicines, needles/sharps, radioactive items, smoke detectors, propane tanks and cylinders.
- Facility operators reserve the right to refuse any substance that cannot be disposed.
- Participants will be checked against the registration database.
- Drop off materials ONLY during regular operating hours. Closed Holidays.
- Please bring your items in boxes which can be recycled on site.
- Staff will NOT accept an expired receipt.
- NO appliances/white goods, computers, TVs, electronics or tires.
- DO NOT BRING LATEX PAINT.
How to Register for the Household Hazardous Waste Collection?
- Register and Pay Online at com; or
- Call 262.335.4808 and leave your name, address and phone number. Program information and registration form will be mailed to you.
Click HERE for more information.