There are three candidates vying for two seats on the Kewaskum School Board on the April 5, 2022 ballot.
Candidates in ballot order:
While everyone was invited to participate in the forum, two of the candidates took part.
The order at the table included Timothy Ramthun and Bradley Petersen.
Questions posed to the candidates are below.
Kewaskum School Board
- What role should parents play in their child’s education and the school’s curriculum development?
- With falling test scores in the aftermath of two years of lost time due to Covid, how do we catch students up?
- Were you in favor of closing Wayne Elementary School and/or other schools? Why or why not?
- Violence, bullying, and racism are an issue within some of the school districts in the county. What would your solution to these problems be?
- Do you think a school district should have the power to make Covid vaccines mandatory for staff and students, and under what circumstances should masks be mandated?
- What are your views on the use of CRT and SEL principles in middle school and high school education?
- Are you in favor of the proposed realignment of the athletic conferences?
The National School Board Association has asked the FBI to get involves in school board meetings, claiming an uptick in violence against school board members. Many question whether this is intended to use intimidation to prevent concerned parents from exercising their 1st amendment right to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Do you support or oppose FBI involvement in School Board meetings, are you willing to publicly admonish the National School Board Association for this action, and why or why not?
Washington County Insider on YouTube
Below is a recap of some of the sessions from the Candidate Forum at Washington County Fair Park.
Click HERE to find answers to questions about your April 5, 2022
Spring Election ballot.
Check your vote at myvote.wi.gov