Nov. 14, 2016 – West Bend, WI -The city of West Bend will post a job opening this week for a new city clerk as Amy Reuteman has resigned. Reuteman is leaving to take a job in Adams County. Her last day is Dec. 1.
–The funeral is Thursday, Nov. 17, for Jacqueline J. Schlicht (nee Cary, formerly Turnquist). Jackie married Richard “Dick” Turnquist and together they owned and operated Dick’s Pizza in downtown West Bend for many years.
-According to the West Bend Cinema, 2014 Parkway Drive, the new theater seats are on the way and will hopefully be installed before the holiday.
– Enchantment in the Park powered by Westbury Bank opens Friday, Nov. 25 at Regner Park. Don’t forget to sign up for the 2nd annual Husar’s Diamond Dash.
-Holy Angels Students of the Month for October 2016 include 6th grader Jonah Nagel, 7th grader Riley Becker, and 8th grader Kate Davies.
– Saint Frances Cabrini Parish will be hosting an evening of Advent Taizé Prayer on Tuesday, Nov 29 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. Taizé is an ecumenical prayer based on the pillars of scriptures, song, intercessions and silence.
– Randy Dreher of Kewaskum took home a nice trophy buck he got it during bow season. The 8 pointer had a 21-inch inside spread. Dreher was hunting the Kettle Moraine, east of Kewaskum. The buck weighed in at 225 pounds and he shot it at 4:30 p.m.
– One of the best locally-owned franchises in West Bend is getting a bit of a facelift as Keith Novotny’s Cousins Subs will be debuting a new storefront sign.
– Help is available to families in Washington County that need assistance with winter heating bills. Contact Kay Lucas with the Washington County Human Services Department which oversees the Energy Assistance Program. The number is 262-335-4677.
– This is the last week in business for Pat’s Jiffy Stop, 111 E. Decorah Road. Shop owner Pat Labuda is retiring and closing. “I gave December 1 as notice but I think Nov. 18 is going to be my last day,” said LaBuda. The building will soon become an extension of the karate business next door.