Newburg, WI – An informational meeting for prospective families will be held Wednesday, March 4, 2020 from 5:30 p.m.- 6:30 p.m. in the barn at Riveredge Nature Center. Came and learn about The Riveredge School.
Riveredge Nature Center will accept students from any school district, subject to space availability and following the Open Enrollment process into the Northern Ozaukee School District
Riveredge Nature Center is located in Ozaukee County, less than 2 miles from the Village of Newburg. Currently elementary students from Newburg are bussed to Decorah School in West Bend, at a distance of less than 8 miles.
Northern Ozaukee School Districts also operates a virtual (on-line) charter school that serves public education students under Open Enrollment.
Open Enrollment Procedure for 2020-21 School Year (February 3 – April 30, 2020)
- Attend an informational session for the school. This session will be held on Wednesday, March 4, from 5:30 – 6:30 PM at Riveredge Nature Center.
- Complete a 2020-2021 Enrollment Application for each child and return it to in person or via mail by April 30, 2020.
- If you are not a resident of the Northern Ozaukee School District, you must also complete the Wisconsin DPI open enrollment application by April 30, 2020. Please submit a DPI Open Enrollment Application online. As you complete this process, please first select the “Northern Ozaukee” school district as the district into which you wish to enroll. Further along in the process, you will then enter “Riveredge Outdoor Learning Elementary School” into a text box as the school in which you wish to enroll. Currently, The Riveredge School is not a choice in the drop down menu.
If demand exceeds available spots, a lottery system will be utilized. Once a family is enrolled in The Riveredge School, exemptions to the lottery process will be provided to siblings. Please refer to the school’s Enrollment and Lottery Process (Proceso de Inscripción y Lotería) for more information.
Alternative Enrollment Procedure (available during the school year):
- Contact our staff to request additional informational regarding The School’s mission and practices.
- Complete a 2020-2021 Enrollment Application for each child and return it to in person or via mail as soon as possible.
- If you are not a resident of the Northern Ozaukee School District, you must also complete the Wisconsin DPI alternative open enrollment application.
- Notify the school staff that you have completed the application.
- Available spaces are filled on a first come, first served basis. Please contact our teachers via phone or email if you have any questions!
Photo and details courtesy Riveredge Nature Center in Newburg.