Sept. 25, 2017 – Richfield, WI – Saturday morning at 7:39 a.m. the Washington County Sheriff’s Office along with Richfield Rescue responded to a Village of Richfield residence for a suspected overdose of a 27-year-old man that was unconscious in bed.
The deputy arrived on scene and described the victim as having, “a very weak pulse, almost hard to feel, and still agonal breathing.”
The first responding deputy administered two rounds of Narcan with little effect. A second deputy arrived and administered another round of Narcan that finally brought the victim slowly back. The subject was transported to a local hospital.
Deputies learned the victim lost his hearing at a result of the overdose.
Medical professionals indicated they are seeing this type of loss of hearing more often and think it is being caused by nerve damage in the ear; this hearing loss can last a day, a week, a month or more.
Deputies did not locate any drugs or paraphernalia at the residence.