Pavement resurfacing will take place along US 45 from the I-41/ US 45 split to Paradise Drive, and pavement replacement will take place along northbound US 45 from Paradise Drive to just north of County D in Washington County.
Work will include:
- Base patching
- Concrete pavement repair
- Diamond grinding
- Asphalt pavement
- Median cable guard
- Guard rail
- Erosion control
- Bridge rehabilitation at four locations
Construction is expected to be complete in late November 2021. Schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Spring/Summer – I-41 to County D
- US 45 will remain open to traffic with exceptions of overnight closures associated with pavement repairs and paving.
- US 45 will be open in both directions during peak travel hours.
- Project will include intermittent and off-peak hour or overnight lane and ramp closures to complete pavement repairs.
- Project will also include overnight full closure and detour of US 45 to complete asphalt paving and pavement repairs.
- All overnight full closures and detours of US 45 will be posted in advance of operations.
Mid summer through Fall – Paradise Drive to County D
- From Paradise Drive to County D, traffic on northbound US 45 will be crossed over to the SB roadway.
- The department will maintain a single lane of traffic in both directions while pavement on northbound US 45 is removed and replaced.
- During replacement of northbound pavement between Paradise and County D, the entrance ramps to northbound US 45 from Paradise Drive and WIS 33, and the northbound exit ramp to WIS 33 and County D will be closed. The posted speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph from Paradise Drive to County D during construction.