March 18, 2020 – Slinger, WI – Beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, Archbishop Listecki will celebrate a private Mass and then travel to 11 locations across the Archdiocese of Milwaukee to pray for healing and protection for CoVID-19. This blessing occurs on the first day of suspension of public Masses in the archdiocese.
In these challenging times, when the Church cannot gather for worship, Archbishop Listecki wishes to make it clear to the Church and to the world that prayer remains effective and God’s power is unsurpassable, despite prudent efforts to slow the spread of CoVID-19.
As the local shepherd of the flock, Archbishop Listecki will go out to the entire Archdiocese of Milwaukee to formally lift up the Church in prayer. Through his witness to prayer and God’s care for His people, Archbishop Listecki invites everyone to deepen their confidence in Divine protection and blessing.
Upon leaving the Cathedral, the Archbishop will travel with the Blessed Sacrament in procession to one parish in each of the 11 deaneries of the archdiocese. He will bless the deanery and its people to communicate the reality that Jesus Christ abides in our midst in the Eucharist and is true to His promise: “Behold, I will be with you until the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). The itinerary is as follows.
- 9 a.m. – The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
- Racine Deanery – St. Lucy Parish, Racine
- Kenosha Deanery – St. Anne Parish, Pleasant Prairie
- Walworth Deanery – Immaculate Conception/St. Mary, Burlington
- Waukesha West Deanery – St. Leonard Parish, Muskego
- Waukesha East Deanery – St. John Vianney Parish, Brookfield
- Dodge/Washington Deanery – St. Peter Parish, 200 E. Washington Street, Slinger
- Fond du Lac/Sheboygan Deanery – St. John the Baptist Parish, Plymouth
- Ozaukee/Milw NE Deanery – St. Monica Parish, Whitefish Bay
- Milwaukee NW Deanery – Christ King Parish, Wauwatosa
- Milwaukee SE Deanery – Blessed Sacrament Parish, Milwaukee
- Milwaukee SW Deanery – St. John the Baptist Parish, Greenfield