June 29, 2017 – West Bend, WI – The City of West Bend states the following locations will be periodically closed to through traffic beginning Monday, July 10, 2017 until approximately late August for street resurfacing:
- Maple Street: 8th Avenue to 7th Avenue
- Walnut Street: 8th Avenue to 7th Avenue
- Poplar Street: 5th Avenue to Main Street
- 10th Avenue: Hickory Street to Walnut Street
- Cottonwood Court: Hawthorn Drive to Termini
- Barberry Place: Cottonwood Court to Termini
- Walnut Street: 12th Avenue to 11th Ave
The general contractor for the project is Payne & Dolan Inc of Waukesha, Wisconsin. There will also be a number of subcontractors working at various times during the project. Street resurfacing will include partial removal of the existing curb and gutter, complete removal of the existing asphalt pavement using a milling machine, placement of concrete curb and gutter followed by placement of asphalt pavement.
Motorists are reminded to abide by all traffic control signs and devices as well as be aware of ongoing construction activities. Alternate routes should be planned to avoid construction whenever possible.