-Neighbors in Washington County are a helpful lot and http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com is working with a family on a goodwill project. Lucille Christianson is at the Samaritan Health Center and on Feb. 18 she will turn 103 years old. The family is trying to rally 103 birthday cards to help Lucille celebrate. “It’s not every day someone turns 103,” said the request. Cards can be mailed to Lucille Christianson, Samaritan Health Center 531 E Washington St., West Bend, WI 53095
– Students and staff at St. Kilian School in Hartford packed over 400 lunches for the House of Peace as a service project during Catholic Schools Week.
– West Bend City Clerk Stephanie Justmann swore in three new police officers Nicholas Ratas, Shawn Spencer and Brock Bateman during Monday’s Common Council meeting.
– The Elbe family from Golden “E” Dairy on Orchard Valley Road and Shalom in the Town of Farmington will host the 2017 Washington County Breakfast on the Farm on June 10.
– In-person absentee voting is underway and runs through Friday, Feb. 17. You must bring an ID to vote. There are only a couple of items on the primary ballot for the Feb. 21 spring election.
– The gloves come off Feb. 25 at Washington County Fair Park as Tiny Love, Justin Dredd and Damon Knight climb into the ring for Mayhem for Mason. Money will be raised for Mason Holbrook and family.
– A Safe Space workshop is Feb. 22 at the Democratic Party of Washington County, 132 N. Main Street in West Bend. The event is free and open to the public.
– West Bend Youth Football registration is Saturday, Feb. 25 at 8 a.m. at Silverbrook School.
– Paul Eve as Johnny Cash Alive is coming to the West Bend Moose Lodge on Feb. 25. Eve has portrayed Johnny Cash since he was 9 years old; he captures the essence of the Man in Black.
– There will be casino games and prizes at the annual Vegas Night at Fillmore Fire Department on Feb. 25 starting at 7 p.m. Information or tickets call Judy 262-692-9434 or Dale at 689-4799.
– The deadline is coming up March 3 to take part in the 2017 Washington Co. Tree Program.
– Ice racing on Wallace Lake on Sunday, Feb. 12 has been cancelled.