UWM Roots Rock Society

Cigarette the source of fire in Fond du Lac

Author: | Posted in Uncategorized No comments

Fourth Fire Two

A discarded cigarette started a fire at 364 4th Street in Fond du Lac shortly before 7 p.m. Saturday night.


Fire Chief Peter O’Leary said a delivery driver for Joe’s Fox Hut noticed the fire on a 2nd floor deck and alerted nearby residents who called 911. The fire was quickly extinguished.


The resident of the upper unit was not at home at the time of the fire.


There was some structural damage. Chief O’Leary said, “We continue to see fires related to improperly discarded smoking materials left on combustible decking.”


Fourth Fire One

He said smokers should make sure their smoking materials are extinguished before leaving the area.


O’Leary said it’s fortunate the fire was discovered before it was too late.”


It’s the second fire in the City in less than  a month caused by cigarettes which were not properly extinguished.

Add Your Comment

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com