56.2 F
West Bend

Eight calves die in Town of Barton barn fire

March 17, 2019 – Town of Barton, WI – There was a large barn fire early Sunday morning March 17 at 2:08am the Washington County Sheriff’s Office was notified of a barn fire at 4831 Ridge Road in the Town of Barton.


The caller was one of the property owners and reported the barn was fully engulfed with animals inside.

Deputies were dispatched and Kohlville Fire Department was paged.  The first Deputy arrived at 2:16 a.m. confirming the barn was fully engulfed and the homeowners had evacuated the residence.   

Kohlsville Fire Department was assisted by Fire Departments from Kewaskum, Allenton, West Bend, Slinger, Boltonville, St. Lawrence, Campbellsport, Lomira, Knowles, Eden and Lifestar Rescue.

The fire was extinguished at approximately 3:08am, but fire personnel were still on scene  working on overhaul operations.

It appears the origin of the fire was on the southwest side of the barn structure where the calf barn was located. There was a heat lamp running in this area and it’s believed that was the cause of the fire.  There were 8 calves inside the building that perished due to the fire, but all the other cows were out to pasture at the time of the fire.

There were no reported injuries to any personnel on scene and the residence didn’t sustain any damage.

The damage estimate is believed to be in excess of $200,000 as the barn and contents are a total loss.  At this time there is no further information to release.

Leave a Reply

Work or the content on WashingtonCountyInsider.com cannot be downloaded, printed, or copied. The work or content on WashingtonCountyInsider.com prohibits the end user to download, print, or otherwise distribute copies.


FREE local news at Washington County Insider on YouTube

Related Articles

%d bloggers like this: