Village of Jackson, Wi – The traditional holiday shopping season is upon us, and as online shopping increases every year; unfortunately, so do theft reports. The Jackson Police Department wants to change that.
Afraid of porch pirates? Want to surprise your better half with a special gift? Don’t want the kids to see what Santa is bringing them this year? The Jackson Police Department can help.
Have it delivered to the PD instead.
Washington County Insider on YouTube
Here’s how it works:
1) When placing your orders online, use the Jackson Police Department’s address for delivery:
N168W19851 Main St
Jackson, WI 53037
2) Be sure your name is on the package as it appears on your ID;
3) Jackson Police will be available for you to pick up your items between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. every day. (If you need times outside of these hours, give the JPD a jingle and to work something out.) If the door is locked, turn to your right, pick up the phone in the entryway and ask dispatch to have an officer meet you. If Jackson Police are busy with calls, leave your phone number and a call will be returned as soon as possible.
4) We ask that packages be picked up within three to five days from date of delivery so we can accommodate the number of packages we expect to receive. Again, if you need to pick it up outside of this time frame, please give us a call and we can figure something out;
5) Upon pick up, please have your ID and tracking paperwork with you; we don’t want to accidentally release your package to someone else. (This is important! We have people in Jackson who share the same name, who are not related, and live on the same street even.) If you’re going to have someone else pick it up; please call the department and let us know ahead of time. They’ll still have to provide an ID to pick up the package.
This program is free; however, we ask those who participate to bring in an item from The Washington County Humane Society Wish list or make a cash donation to the shelter. We will take care of delivering all donations to the shelter.
We’ll help protect you from porch pirates, you help out the animals who are waiting for their forever homes.
If you have any questions about this program, feel free to email [email protected] or give us a call at 262-677-4949.