March 28, 2022 – Slinger, WI – Three incumbents are up for re-election for the Slinger School Board on Tuesday, April 5, 2022; there is also a challenger – Mr. Bill Brewer.
The Slinger School District has done a “good” job but maintaining the status quo in a changing world is not helping our students achieve excellence.
We are fortunate and blessed to have nice facilities, but what matters most is what is being taught to our students IN the classroom.
The state and DPI keep lowering academic standards so the current school board touting that Slinger tests higher than schools around us aren’t really telling the entire story. Wisconsin DPI website shows Slinger student proficiency has been declining steadily in Math and ELA since 2018.
If you’ve attended school board meetings or candidate forums, you know one of the incumbents likes to use sports analogies often, so I’ll use one here.
The current school board is like our beloved Green Bay Packers. Sure, they have a good regular season, and score better than the teams around them. However, when it comes to the playoffs when the stakes are highest, they can’t achieve that level of excellence.
The stakes are too high to maintain the status quo. The time is now to have a leader on the board that can take us from a ‘good’ team to a consistent championship winner.
That leader is Bill Brewer.
We need a leader that recognizes harmful ideologies that will keep them away from our youngest students and a leader that will raise the standards of academic excellence for ALL of our students.
It’s time for a change on the Slinger School Board. Vote Bill Brewer on April 5.
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor or Publisher. The https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address, and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
Please also note:
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not publish comments and reserves the right to remove posts on social media/Facebook that doesn’t adhere to the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See the definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation, and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)