-There’s a free Shred Fest today, April 30, from 9 a.m. – noon at Thrivent Financial, 810 E. Paradise Drive in West Bend. Items are being collected for Support the Troops Wisconsin.
-Get bargain tickets for The Well Pennies concert Friday, May 6 at the West Bend Silver Lining Arts Center. Mention this post and get two adult tickets or four student tickets for $15.
-The West Bend Water Utility will be performing bi-annual city-wide flushing of the water system the week of May 1 – May 6. If neighbors experience discolored water, flush the cold water line for about 10 minutes.
-Historic Barton Business Association is hosting a Brat Fry at The Sign Shop on May 7. Live music will be provided by Mike Sipin and the gang.
– The West Bend High School’s Synchronized Swim Team’s annual show “Dancing with the Dolphins” is Saturday April 30 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
– The West Bend Judo Club will host its 44th annual tournament Saturday, May 7 at UW-Washington County. Judo instructor, Jon Sanfilippo will make a special presentation to Lynn Roethke, two-time Olympian and 1988 Silver medalist. Roethke was recently promoted to 8th degree Black Belt by USA Judo. At 55 years old, she will be the youngest Judoka promoted to that rank and also becomes the highest woman Judoka currently alive in the U.S. The West Bend Judo Club present a set of 3 real Samurai Swords to show a direct connection of Judo to its martial warrior roots of Japan.
– During Monday’s West Bend Common Council meeting watch for the appointment of Ald. Williquette, Ald. Chris Jenkins and a citizen to the Long Range Transportation Planning Committee in addition to existing members Ald. Hutchins and Ald. Kasten.
-The West Bend Common Council will approve the creation of the Human Resources Director Screening Committee and Appointment of Members.
– Open Book in West Bend at the city Assessor’s Office runs through May 11. It is the informal review process for assessment values.
– Senator Duey Stroebel is holding 10 town hall stops around the district: Monday, May 2 at 6 p.m. – Slinger Community Library and 7:30 p.m. at Hartford City Hall. Monday, May 16 at 5:30 p.m. at Campbellsport Public Library and 7:30 p.m. at West Bend Community Memorial Library
– Janalee Bach has opened a new business, Wood N’ Art, at 111 N. Sixth Street in West Bend above Slesar Glass. Wood N’ Art is an instructor-led art studio that helps create custom-wood signs. An open house is being held April 30.