May 17, 2017 – Slinger, WI – On April 27 the biggest projects in the recent Slinger School District referendum broke ground at the Slinger High School.
The ground breaking started the new Ticket/Entrance to the football and soccer fields along with an all new, state-of-the-art concession buildings.
In addition construction has started for the new music department/auditorium on the east end of the high school complex.
The general contractor for the entire project is Miron Construction Company of Menasha.
J.H. Hassinger and Bray Architects are making these much-needed updates a reality.
The total cost of the referendum is $42 million for all five building improvements.
Features of the Addison and Allenton project include kindergarten classrooms at Addison and a new upper parking lot. Kindergarten classrooms at Allenton along with a new gym, a new cafeteria with performance stage, a new art room, a community room, a new playground area, and a new parking lot.
The purpose of the project at Allenton is to provide better school/community space which will include Kindergarten classrooms at Allenton. This will allow Allenton developmentally appropriate classrooms for 4K. Work is expected to be completed in the fall of 2017.
The Addison and Allenton Elementary school projects are expected to be open for occupancy in August of 2017.
At Addison Elementary, the second floor pre-cast is in place and the exterior walls are framed up. The school will have new developmentally-appropriate classrooms for 4K and other Kindergarten classrooms along with a new upper parking lot.
At the Slinger Elementary the referendum included money to renovate gymnasium and update classrooms.
Slinger Middle School has had the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems updated and a better secured entrance to protect students and staff.
This largest portion of the referendum will provide a number of improvements at the high school. The last addition/upgrades to the building were done in 1998. The projects include:
- Concessions stand between the football and soccer fields.
- A new Auditorium on the east end of the complex which gives band and choir a devoted full-time fine arts area at SHS. The auditorium is slated to be finished in time for the start of the Spring 2018 Concert Season in April.
- The present band and choir area will become a new fitness center adjacent to the gym and allows the third gym, which now serves as a part-time auditorium to be a full-time gym at SHS
- The former fitness center becomes a new Technology education area to better serve students and the community with the latest technology training to better equip students.
- A new biomedical/CAN classroom will be conformed in the former special education.
- As part of the addition to the east of the present complex a new special education wing which will centralize this highly used source of education.
- Finally the library will be updated as will the community room.
The goal is the ticket booth and concession stand will be completed by the start of the football/soccer season this fall.
The school district has purchased the Goeman Trucking terminal and is using the parking area during this construction era.
The conception signage at the football field shows what fans and parents will be able to use this fall.