VIDEO | Take a tour of the inside of the old Frieden’s Church on Highway P and Cedar Creek

Author: | Posted in Uncategorized No comments

Feb. 8, 2017 – Jackson, WI – There’s quite a bit of history behind the old church that sits on the corner of County Highway P and Cedar Creek Road. Local historians Terry Becker and Steve Kissinger chimed in with some interesting facts.

Frieden’s Church was founded in 1852.  The first church was a log structure.  The present church was built in 1878.  The church was remodeled in 1927 and again in 1952. History photos show an original steeple on the building.

 

The church was in use until June 1991 when the congregation joined with Peace Evangelical Reformed church of Jackson and they moved into a new building.

 

It is now called New Hope United Church of Christ. The minister still lives in the house across the street.

 

The bank currently owns the building. Over the weekend a crew out of Racine put a new roof on the building. The church will go up for auction in a few weeks.

County Highway Commissioner Scott Schmidt said there will be work done to add sidewalk and curb and cutter on Highway P.

 

There was word the state was going to build a roundabout at that intersection and raze the church – that, however, is false.

 

On a side note: The church, or rather its cemetery has a tie to West Bend.  B.C. Ziegler’s grandparents along with extended family members rest in the church cemetery.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Add Your Comment

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com