- IS Steering Committee Meeting – On Tuesday the IS Steering Committee continued its work discussing IS service levels. We had a very productive discussion about the limited resources of our team, the services that IS currently provides and areas that should be a continued focus for our staff. Next steps include prioritizing the services of IS, further defining special projects and assessing areas that may be ripe for utilizing contracted services. Our discussion was a good reminder of the broad array of services provided by our IS Team, and the high degree of reliance we currently have on area expert consultants.
- ILCMA/WCMA Conference – In recent months I have been asked to present at the upcoming joint summer conference of the Wisconsin and Illinois City/County Managers Association. The topics include Intergovernmental Cooperation and Succession Planning. In preparation for these presentations I have spent a bit of time over the past week or two in coordinating with my co-presenters from Villages, Cities and Counties throughout Wisconsin and Illinois. The conference is scheduled for June 22 – 24 and will be hosted in Lake Geneva.
- 2017 Budgeting – We continue preparation for upcoming discussions surrounding changes to the budget process that complement the change in committee structure. These changes will initially be discussed at the department head meeting next week and the Executive Committee later this month. At the same time, we are finalizing budget policy recommendations that will be part of the State of the County presentation next week.
- Emergency – On Wednesday, 9 of 14 local Emergency Management Directors met in the county Emergency Operations Center to further strengthen our intergovernmental relationships and discuss opportunities to collaborate regarding emergency management. Topics discussed included recent county plans that have been developed/updated, how to better integrate municipal plans with the county plans, the ongoing hazard mitigation planning project and severe weather issues. A big thank you to Rob Schmid, Emergency Management Coordinator and Judy Steinert, Deputy Coordinator for putting this meeting together!
- PTO Daze – I am sad to report that I got bit by a flu bug on Wednesday and Thursday of this week and was stuck at home with a fever of over 100° F. Although I was able to keep up through e-mail and a phone call or two, unfortunately there were a couple of meetings that had to be moved around. I want to especially thank Jamie and Judy for their help in rearranging a hectic Wednesday and Thursday! Your help is greatly appreciated!
- ADRC Staff Meeting – Today, I met with ADRC staff regarding the plan for the department with Linda’s retirement. Over the past several weeks, I have spent a great deal of time meeting with ADRC staff, County leadership at the Samaritan and Human Service, as well as officials from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services regarding the future of our ADRC and the challenges and opportunities presented to us with Linda’s retirement.
- We are planning to post the position of ADRC Director internally as a promotional opportunity for current staff and prepare/poise the department for a future consolidation with the Human Services Department or another partnership opportunity. We have spent a great deal of time weighing various options for the division and believe this approach will meet the current needs of the department while maintaining our client-focused reputation and allowing us to be more fluid as we consider future consolidation and efficiencies in the department. If you have any questions about this direction, please feel free to contact me directly. I greatly appreciate all of the support from ADRC staff during this transition and am very excited about the next chapter!
- Mary Biegler (Clerical Pool) – Human Resources
- Brienna Nofke – Human Services
- Amber Oostdyk – Human Services
- William Lehmann (Summer Help) – Planning & Parks Department
- Brett Hielsberg (Summer Help) – Highway Department
- Rebecca Kuehmichel, Samaritan – Resigned
- Linda Olsen, ADRC – Retirement
- Debra Rettmann, Sheriff’s Department – Retirement
- Activity Aide, CNA, Dietary Aide, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN Relief Supervisor – Samaritan
- Psychiatric Social Worker – Human Services Department
- Accounting Clerk, Communications Officer, Corrections Officer – Sheriff’s Department
- Clerical Pool, HR Generalist – Human Resources
CONGRATULATIONS to the following employees for their years of service at the County!!
Rachelle Jenkins – Samaritan Health Center
Larry Boden – Highway Department