April 1, 2022 – West Bend, WI – Erin Dove and Paul Fischer have my vote for West Bend School Board, both serving on board the last three years during challenging times working tirelessly to respond to whole community values.
Schools have remained open throughout the last 2 years, both Dove and Fischer and the entire school district (Teachers, Staff, Maintenance, Administration, Board) have passionately wanted and successfully kept doors open. Thank You!
Erin Dove’s wonderful family lives in Jackson, husband Ryan works at WBMI, past alums with 3 girls attending WB Schools. Her family are fighters with kids over coming cancer to flourish. Erin’s leadership on the curriculum committee maintains an outstanding choice of college prep and trades CTE course options to give choices for kids to be successful for the whole community job opportunities.
Paul Fischer and our kids attended Green Tree in the same class 20 years ago. Paul doesn’t have a personal agenda; he tirelessly listens to everyone and makes sincere well thought out decisions for the whole community/families. In addition to being board VP on policy committee, Paul is past Kettlebrook Church Elder Chair. Fantastic wife Sandie and beautiful three daughters all alums received a fantastic education.
Accomplishments during Dove & Fischer’s tenure include conservative fiscal practices keeping school taxes 20% lower than the state average, saving a $300K homeowner $450+ in taxes every year. They listened to the taxpayer and supported paying down debt. WBSD is in great financial shape with AA financial rating. Superintendent Jen Wimmer hired by the current board brought stability, respect, leadership, not to mention her tireless hours attending all types of school activities, even subbing in the classroom during Covid. Bonds have formed back between Teachers/Staff and Administration.
Challenges are plenty to be even better. Let’s keep heading in the right direction with stable leadership that listens and represents values of the whole community – we are one great community and school system. Vote Erin Dove & Paul Fischer!
Kurt Rebholz, Treasurer of West Bend School Board
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor or Publisher. The https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address, and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
West Bend, WI
Please also note:
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not publish comments and reserves the right to remove posts on social media/Facebook that don’t adhere to the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation, and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.