April 1, 2022 – West Bend, WI – The spring election is on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. If you don’t like the way things have been going since Biden became POTUS, then you better vote conservative and you better not vote for school board incumbents.
In the West Bend School District, lack of support for teachers regarding discipline in the classrooms has been a well-known issue for quite some time. The teachers send the disruptive students to the principal’s office only to have the principal send the students right back to the classroom with no repercussions.
Consequently, many substitute teachers won’t come back.
John Donaldson and Melanie Ehrgott have a passion for fixing that issue in the schools, and they certainly couldn’t do any worse than the incumbents who appear to have done nothing. If you are concerned about your taxes continuously increasing, especially if our incumbents end up trying to add a referendum to a future ballot for a new school for Jackson, then vote for John and Melanie who are confident facility changes for Jackson can be done without raising taxes if we follow the advice of the volunteer task force. Moreover, if you want voices that represent the community vote for John and Melanie.
In the Slinger School District, all you need to know is that the incumbents brag about being endorsed by the teachers’ union to appreciate the urgency to vote ONLY for Bill Brewer who doesn’t have that endorsement.
For Washington County Supervisors, we have two candidates that need a seat at the table: Marietta Bailey of District 2 and Linda Gurath of District 5, if you want to keep a conservative county board.
Finally, if you cherish our U.S. Constitution, PLEASE vote for Judge Maria Lazar for Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
West Bend, WI
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor or Publisher. The https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address, and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
Please also note:
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not publish comments and reserves the right to remove posts on social media/Facebook that doesn’t adhere to the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See the definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation, and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)