A “reconsideration of instructional resource” committee was formed, and as per WBSD policy, the majority was made up of WBSD employees and one Badger parent. Carol Heger recently met with the committee and explained why she and others felt that the profanity, vulgarity, and obsession with gender identity was not appropriate for students ages 13 and 14. It seems that the school personnel on this “reconsideration” committee are opposed to removing this book from the English book club list, because it is an optional book. Nevertheless, the book normalizes the trans agenda and asserts that gender and sexual identity can be chosen. Profanity in the book includes 12 uses of F-ck and other words such as motherf—ker, pr—k, and pu—y. Content that would garner an R rating if it were a movie, or would be censored if spoken in the media, is being offered to our youth by teachers and administrators. Are they more concerned about the LGBTQ+ agenda than protecting minor children? The committee will make its decision on The 57 Bus on July 13 at 5:00 pm at a public meeting at the WBSD Education Service Center.
WASHINGTONCOUNTYINSIDER.COM (WCI) COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed which may result in being banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not publish comments and reserves the right to remove posts on social media/Facebook that doesn’t adhere to the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack, or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See the definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation, and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen impersonating someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)