April 4, 2020 – West Bend, WI – I am voting ONLY for true conservative, Jody Geenen, for West Bend School Board now, during in-person and absentee voting. I ask you to please join me and vote early for Jody Geenen.
The three incumbents running as a bloc have utterly failed to deliver on the greater transparency they promised. After being on the board a few months, with little public input, notice, or disclosure, they internally promoted an employee to high school principal, despite the fact that he was on a performance improvement plan (PIP; i.e., probation) at the time. Although a much more qualified candidate to be principal over both high schools was available, they promoted a poor-performing employee – someone who would not even be eligible for promotion in any other organization.
Later (I know firsthand from tracking the complaint), that same undeserving principal and a higher-up administrator purposely and provably violated the Citizen Complaints policy, yet Ongert, Justman, and Schmidt refused to discipline them. That is unacceptable and absolutely shameful of those three.
All three also quickly and quietly eliminated any requirement for teacher’s compensation to be based at all on student learning, achievement, or growth. So not only are all three incumbent board members unaccountable, they allow all our teachers to be completely unaccountable, too.
The one most to blame for all this is board president, Joel Ongert. He was in charge when all these horrible things were done and contributed to each of them. I also know from reading many emails firsthand he has been very disrespectful and abrasive in dealing with constituents.
I’ve had enough. I am voting for only ONE candidate – Jody Geenen. She is the only actual conservative running, and she is honest, trustworthy, intelligent, transparent, accountable, caring, and dedicated. I have worked with her in youth groups in our community and know her well. She will do right by all of us. Please vote only for JODY GEENEN. Thank you.
West Bend, WI
Letter submitted March 26, 2020
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published in https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor, or Publisher. The https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters to the Editor must be attributed with a name, address and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed, or may be withheld at the Editor’s discretion. During the course of any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
Please also note:
London : W. Foulsham & Co., 
WCI COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE:While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
Washington County Insider will not publish comments that:
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen to impersonate someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)
The final deadline for Letters to the Editor for the April 7, 2020 election is March 27, 2020.