Nearly a dozen rescue teams respond to large fire in Town of Osceola | By Campbellsport Fire Chief Craig Olson


October 27, 2019 – Town of Osceola, WI – At 10:36 a.m. on Sunday, October 27, the Campbellsport Fire Department was dispatched to a garage on fire at W726 Birchwood Drive in the Town of Osceola. The garage was attached to the residence. A large column of black smoke could be seen while units were responding. On arrival, fire crews found the garage fully involved along with two vehicles in the driveway.

Extension of the fire into the attic of the home was evident upon arrival. Fire crews quickly knocked down the fire in the garage area and worked to control the extension across the attic.

Extinguishment of the vehicles was delayed due to the electrical service line to the residence had burnt off and fell to the ground and was actively arcing. This also caused a delay in shutting down the propane service to the residence as the electrical service line was laying across the propane tank. Fire in the living area of the structure was confined to the attic. The first floor of the living area received smoke and water damage.

One resident of the structure received minor injuries as a result of trying to extinguish the fire prior to fire department arrival. This individual was transported by Campbellsport Ambulance to St. Joseph’s in West Bend. It is unknown as of this press release the individual’s condition.

Campbellsport Fire Department utilized the MABAS system to the box level and was assisted by fire departments from Eden, Mt. Calvary, St. Cloud, Cascade, Kewaskum, Beechwood along with Rapid Intervention Team Districts 3 and 4. Lomira and Brownsville Fire Departments provided change of quarters to our service area.

The fire currently remains under investigation, but no suspicious activity is suspected. Red Cross is assisting the family.

Auto Safety Center
Shop Lynch GMC West Bend

Leave a Reply