October 17, 2022 – Washington Co, WI – As I woke up this Friday morning, the days to the Fall elections are drawing near. I remember the day Ron Johnson made his announcement that he was running for the Senate. I saw something in this man that I cannot explain but I knew he was not a typical politician. He was a successful businessman that loved his country just like I do. He has grown to be a successful statesman.
I was in the Wisconsin Assembly at the time and the first legislator to endorse Ron Johnson for the US Senate on that wonderful day I spent at the Italian Center in Milwaukee. He is
as honest today as he was then. I also remember the night Ron Johnson called me in my
hotel room when he surprised me with a thank you phone call after the Assembly
passed Act 10.
Senator Johnson did support local candidates for office knowing that all politics begins at the local level when I recently ran for a local School Board race which I won.
I am again endorsing Senator Ron Johnson for a third term in the US Senate. I believe he will do everything he possibly can to save this country from those who want to destroy it.
In a similar vein, I am endorsing Tim Michels for Governor. I have known him for 20 years and remember the evening we needed an umpire for a youth baseball game because the scheduled umpire did not show up. He was walking to the field
in the parking lot to watch the game, but I asked him if he would step in to help.
Without hesitation, he agreed to be our home plate ump that evening.
Like me he spent many years in military service of his country in the Army Rangers. One does not serve that much time in the military if they do not love their country.
Like Ron Johnson, Tim Michels is also a successful businessman which we need more of in
government. Career politicians have no sense of living under the laws they support and create. That describes the politicians both of these men face.
Town of Erin, WI
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters published on https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the views of the Editor or Publisher. The https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with newspaper policies. Letters must be attributed with a name, address, and contact phone number – names and town of origin will be printed or may be withheld at our discretion. During the course of any election campaign, Letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material must contain the author’s name and street address (not PO Box) for publication.
Please also note:
WASHINGTONCOUNTYINSIDER.COM (WCI) COMMENTING RULES OF ETIQUETTE: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you comply with the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may result in being banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not publish comments and reserves the right to remove posts on social media/Facebook that doesn’t adhere to the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is known as “trolling.” Trollers know when they are trolling, and so do we. *See the definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few consistent blog trolls disappear, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive, or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that is likely to offend.
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation, and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are seen impersonating someone else.
- Repeatedly post the same or similar messages (‘spam’)
- Include personal contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor prior to posting.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are unrelated to the topic.
- Just because your comment doesn’t show up right away doesn’t mean you’re being censored. When you post a comment it must first go through our filtering software. If it fails, your comment goes into a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site, doesn’t mean WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop criticism or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are incapable of participating in a civilized manner.
*Trolling: a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)