June 23, 2022 – Washington Co., WI – The Washington County Sheriff’s Office is releasing the following information pursuant to WI Statute 301.46(2m) which authorizes law enforcement agencies to inform the public of a sex offender’s release when, in the discretion of the agency, the release of information will enhance public safety, awareness and protection.
This sex offender has served the prison sentence imposed on him by the courts. He is NOT wanted by law enforcement at this time. This notification is not intended to increase fear, but rather it is our belief that an informed public is a safer public.
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities; but it was not until the Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Law was enacted that law enforcement was able to share this information with the community. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate or harass registered sex offenders will NOT be tolerated.
Andrew T. Gonring will be released from prison on June 28, 2022 after serving his sentence for: Wisconsin State Statute 948.02(2) and 940.225(3), 2nd degree Sexual Assault of a Child and 3rd Degree Sexual Assault.
Mr. Gonring will be residing at 2009 Chestnut Street in the City of West Bend. He will be supervised by corrections officers specializing in intensive supervision and will be monitored by a Global Positioning System (GPS) 24 hours a day.
While on Extended Supervision, Mr. Gonring will be subject to 39 rules/intensive sanctions which include:
- Shall not have contact nor unsupervised contact with any minors,
- Cannot possess nor view any sexually explicit material,
- Shall not use any device capable of accessing the Internet without prior agent approval,
- Cannot be present in a location that is frequented by minor children without prior agent approval unless accompanied by a sober adult chaperone approved by his agent,
- Cannot purchase, possess own or carry any firearm or weapon,
- Will be a lifetime registrant of the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registration Program
- Must comply with all the requirements of the Sex Offender Registration Program.
Washington County Insider on YouTube
If the Police Department is aware that Mr. Gonring may have violated any of these rules or conditions of his extended supervision, we will immediately investigate. If we determine that he violated any rules or conditions of his supervision, we will report the information to his supervision agent. The decision to seek revocation of Mr Gonring’s supervision is up to his supervising agent and his or her supervisor. If anyone witnesses Mr. Gonring violating any of the above rules, they should call the West Bend Police Department at 262-335-5000.
West Bend Police Department Contact:
Chief Tim Dehring 262-335-5010
Shift Commander 262-335-5023
Supervising Agent Michaela Nelson 262-388-8286 (Desk) or 262-355-5665 (Main Office)
Corrections Field Supervisor Kara Minneti 262-388-8292
Corrections Program Specialist Gina Carney 414-491-4335