August 14, 2017 – Dodge Co., WI – On August 12, 2017 at 9:41 a.m., the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office responded to a motor vehicle crash on State Highway 16/60 at the intersection with County Trunk Highway TT, in the Township of Elba, Dodge County, Wisconsin.
Preliminary investigation shows that Jeffrey Wojtkiewicz, 41, from Watertown, was operating a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan northbound on Cty Tk Hwy TT, approaching the stop sign at the intersection with State Hwy 16/60.
There were four additional occupants in the Dodge Caravan (identified below). Otho Wollenzein, 91, from Waukesha was operating a 2004 Ford Econoline van westbound on State Hwy 16/60, approaching the intersection with Cty Tk Hwy TT.
Maria Jakab, 70, from Waukesha was a passenger in the Ford van. The Dodge Caravan failed to stop for the posted stop sign and entered the intersection, causing the two vehicles to collide.
- The 5-year old child (name will not be released) in the Dodge Caravan was transported to Columbus Hospital with serious injuries, and then transferred via ambulance to UW-Hospital in Madison.
- Jeffrey Wojtkiewicz was not seriously injured and refused treatment at the scene.
- The 36-year-old female passenger in the Dodge Caravan ( Gabrielle Wojtkiewicz) was transported to Summit Hospital in Oconomowoc, WI with serious injuries.
- The 3-year-old passenger in the Dodge Caravan (Brady Wojtkiewicz) was flown from the scene by Flight for Life to UW Hospital in Madison, where he later died from his injuries.
- The 7-year-old passenger in the Dodge Caravan (Landon Wojtkiewicz) was flown from the scene by Flight for Life to UW Hospital in Madison, where he later died from his injuries.
- The driver of the Ford van, Otho Wollenzein, suffered serious injuries was transported to Columbus Hospital by ambulance and later transferred to UW Hospital in Madison.
- The passenger of the Ford van, Maria Jakab, suffered serious injuries was transported to Columbus Hospital by ambulance and later transferred to UW Hospital in Madison.
Assisting at the scene was: Columbus Police and Fire Departments, Wisconsin State Patrol, Lifestar EMS, Beaver Dam EMS, Waterloo EMS, Watertown EMS, Dodge County Emergency Response Team (DCERT), and Flight for Life.
The crash remains under investigation by the Dodge County Crash Investigation Team and the Dodge County Medical Examiner.