March 14, 2019 – Washington Co., WI – Numerous stretches of roadways are experiencing high water levels and have become hazardous in Washington County. Conditions continue to change rapidly.
Cedar View Dr and Division Road, on top of the Great Divide.
Please avoid the following stretches of roadways if at all possible:
ROADS CLOSED DUE TO HIGH WATER
- State Highway 144 from State Highway 33 to Interstate 41 *This closure is expected to remain in effect overnight and into the morning on Friday, March 15th.
- County Highway DW from County Highway W to State Highway 175 *This closure was just initiated and is expected to remain in effect overnight and into the morning on Friday, March 15.
ROADS OPEN BUT EXPERIENCING HIGH WATER (POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS)
- Interstate 41 southbound off-ramp to State Highway 60
- State Highway 167 from State Highway 164 to County Highway K *Water continues to rise. Most hazardous area is near Freiss Lake. Be prepared for road to be closed during the night.
- State Highway 175 from State Highway 60 to County Highway Y (Lannon Road)
- County Highway H from State Highway 144 to County Highway XX
- County Highway Q from Sherman Road to St. Augustine Road
- County Highway W (in Allenton) from State Highway 33 to Hillcrest Drive
- County Highway Y (south of Newburg) from Knollwood Road to St. Augustine Road
Photo courtesy Ruth Marks
Washington County Highway Department crew members will continue to monitor all hazardous locations throughout the night.
The Washington County Highway Department and Wisconsin Department of Transportation appreciate your patience as we strive to restore safe travel on our roadways.