- Capital Improvement Plan – At Tuesdays meeting of the Executive Committee, Administration presented the proposed 2017 – 2021 Capital Improvement Plan. After some minor discussion regarding the transition from the use of Chevy Impalas to the use of Ford SUV Interceptor, and the potential need to entertain different buying groups, the committee unanimously recommended the proposed CIP to the County Board. As such, approval of the 2017 – 2021 CIP will be considered at the April 19, 2016 meeting of the currently sitting County Board. The following is a link to the Executive Committee packet where you can view the recommended CIP: http://www.co.washington.wi.us/uploads/meetings/032216executivepacket-djm.pdf
- Human Service Department Ride Along – Last Tuesday I had the opportunity to go on another ride along with our Human Services Department. This time I joined CLTS Case Manager Pam Frank on a home visit. The visit itself was very interesting and rewarding. The best part, however, was the chance to hear directly from Pam and her clients about the incredibly important work that we do for families and clients. Special thanks to Pam and her clients for the chance to see our tax dollars at work in this important way!
- Waukesha County Golf Presentation – Also at Tuesday’s Executive Committee meeting we had an informative presentation about the history and perspective of the Waukesha County Golf Courses by David Burch from Waukesha County. Executive had a number of insightful questions for Mr. Burch, followed by a presentation and Q&A regarding Washington County Golf Course’s financial position.
- New Supervisor Orientation – Please be advised that on Monday, April 11 at 9am we will be having a mandatory orientation session for all newly elected and re-elected County Board Supervisors. The session will cover processes and procedures that will be employed at the April 19 meeting of the County Board, specifically focusing on the election of Executive Committee/Standing Committee Chairpersons. Please stay tuned for additional information in the coming days.
- Lanae Kovarcevich, Samaritan Health Center – Resigning
- Sandy Engle, Samaritan Health Center – Resigning
- Jeff Werner, Samaritan Health Center – Retiring
- Activity Aide, Admissions Coordinator, CNA, Dietary Aide, Director of Nursing, LPN, Registered Nurse, RN Relief Supervisor – Samaritan
- Mental Health Specialist/Crisis Intervention, Senior Social Worker – Human Services Department
- Project Manager/Deputy Surveyor, Summer Employment – Highway Department
- Administrative Intern – Administration Department
- Summer Employment – Facilities
- Summer Employment – Planning and Parks/ Golf
- Corrections Officer – Sheriff’s Department
CONGRATULATIONS to the following employees for their years of service at the County!!
Lena Zinuticz – Human Services Department
Emira Sadikovic – Samaritan Health Center
Miroslava Sadikovic – Samaritan Health Center
Charlotte Martin – Sheriff’s Department