Sept. 9, 2017 – West Bend, WI – West Bend Sunrise Rotary has signed up with WIDOT’s Adopt a Highway Program.
Sunrise Rotarians will be responsible for the stretch of Highway 45 northbound between Paradise Drive and Highway 33.
The local civic groups first work day will be Saturday, Sept. 9 at 8 a.m.
The West Bend Sunrise Rotary decided this was a worthy cause for a number of reasons including:
- Reduce litter along Wisconsin’s highways
- Build statewide support for the anti-litter and highway beautification programs
- Educate the traveling public to properly dispose of litter
- Enhance the environment and beautify Wisconsin’s roadsides
- We love West Bend and Washington County
Motorists should take note there will be volunteers in reflective vests picking up trash along the roadway Saturday morning.