Dec. 10, 2016, West Bend, WI – Interviews begin Monday as the Downtown West Bend Association looks to fill its event manager position. Seven people have applied for the job previously held by Kellie Boone.
– St. Mary’s Immaculate Conception Parish in Barton is one of five winners of the Catholic Community Foundation’s $15,000 grant. The grant is being awarded for St. Mary’s proposal to transform its former school playground into an evangelization space and community park.
-The 2017 Tour of America’s Dairyland bicycle race is coming to West Bend. Thanks to generous support the race will be called the Downtown West Bend Concourse presented by Delta Defense. The event is slated for Monday, June 19.
– A West Bend-based company is overseeing development of a new four-story hotel in the Village of Grafton. Developer Kraig Sadownikow of American Construction Services laid out designs for a new 87-room TownePlace Suites. The hotel would be operated by Marriott and located east of I-43.
– A couple of hardy souls braved the cold temps and put up a new sign for Bibinger’s. The restaurant, 3747 Cedar Creek Road, opened this past August in the former Schwai’s. There’s some historical significance to the placement of the sign at Highway 60 and Scenic Road as it’s the location of the former Schwai’s billboard.
-In less than 1 year http://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com has climbed to the top of the Google search engine as the No. 1 and No. 4 news source in Washington County, Wisconsin.
– UW-Washington County’s Moraine Chorus will present a winter concert Sunday, Dec. 11 at 2 p.m. in the campus theatre. The chorus is directed by Dr. Peter Gibeau, Professor of Music at the campus. Admission is free although a free-will offering is appreciated.
-The West Bend Parks Department will fill Regner Park Pond for ice skating this winter. The rink and the warming house are expected to open Dec. 17 at the earliest, once weather permits.
– Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School will present a Christmas choral concert on Saturday, Dec.10 at 7 p.m. in its Performing Arts Center. The concert will feature KML’s Kantorei Choir, Concert Choir, Traveling Choir, and Echoes. The Kantorei Choir is the co-ed freshman choir who participate in multiple concerts throughout the year.
– The Kettle Moraine Ice Center, 2330 S. Main Street in West Bend, has added Public Skate Times for the upcoming holidays. Daily Dec. 26 – Dec. 30 from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.