Washington Co., WI – The Washington County Fair will hold a special recognition and discussion with local veterans on its Military Day, Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
There will be an opening ceremony at 9 a.m. outside the main entrance of the Pavilion.
Then around noon three local veterans will receive a Sheriff’s escort to the fairgrounds and a roundtable discussion will be held inside the Ziegler Family Expo Building with WWII veteran Alice Byrne, 100, WWII Veteran Joe Zadra, 99, who fought in the Battle of the Bulge, and WWII veteran Allan Kieckhaefer, 98, who who joined the Navy when he was 18 and fought at Iwo Jima, Saipan, Guam and Okinawa.
According to veteran Donna Kleinmaus:
- The Veterans will receive limousine rides and a Sheriff’s escort to the Fair Park
- Bits n’ Pieces will be donating bouquets
- Candyman is donating little bags of goodies
- The vets will be treated to lunch at the Legion food stand shortly after arrival
- Roundtable discussion will begin at 12:30 p.m. with Scott Mindell moderating
- Special certificates will be presented to the veterans
The Pledge of Allegiance will start the ceremony being held inside the Ziegler Family Expo Building.
Everyone is welcome as organizers try to make this the largest Pledge of Allegiance at the Washington County Fair.